IML: Knowing Your 1960-1966 Imperials Exhaust Inventory

IML: Knowing Your 1960-1966 Imperials Exhaust Inventory

Hola Class

As spoken of before, there is an better exhaust manifold than what came on the Imperials from 1959 to 1966.
You all know what you have at this time under the hood.  And some want to say the truck manifold is an poor switch because it is of poor dessign to use on the Imperial.  If I wanted to use the manifold that some have the best knowledge of, I too would stop and search no more.

Please look at the two links attached.  Better yet, print the page and lay the two different examples on a table or desk and look at them.

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/ExhaustManifolds/Dodge/MediumDutyTruck  This is the one that a member states that he has.  I would not use it either.

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/ExhaustManifolds/Dodge/PickupFullSize/1AEEM00081/67558/  This one is the exhaust manifold that will increase your power and still appears as it belongs there when used.  This manifold also appears as an later design evalution of what you have on the Imperial.

At one time era Dodge Truck had an truck called the Custom Sports Special  ( CSS) and an High Performance Package option (  http://benjamin_simons.tripod.com/css/stevebell.html ).  The HPP option could be on any of the Dodge Trucks during that era.  The reason that I even mentioned this is the trucks of this type used the same exhaust manifold as an Imperial did.  They did not use the standard era truck exhaust manifold that one of the Imperial members keeps relating his knowledge on  ( refresh with the first link above ).

Most of the CSS Truck drivers are as detailed to only having the correct manifolds on their ride as we are on our ride.  These people are very proud of their truck and will keep the 1966 and earlier Imperial style exhaust manifold on their truck instead of using the better 1972-1978 manifolds even though they know about them.

I believe this is enough of this on the Imperial site and if you have any questions about how to use them or why to use them, contact others directly.

Rodger & Gabby
COS