Re: IML: Down in Flames/Lowell challenged

--- Luke Nola <luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ha! Great story Kenyon, I only wish their were
> random 1960 Le Barons
> within 60 miles, your a lucky man. Sounds like a
> great way to spend a
> tuesday night anyhow. Did the car have any goodies?
> Rear air,
> autopilot, any photos? What did she expect to get
> for it?

Luke, I can reveal all once the deal is done.  I let a
list member into one of my secret fishing holes in the
last year and he took a premium car out from under me
in the most underhanded, premeditated way imaginable,
so I'll keep my cards closer to my chest on active
negotiations for now.

You would like the car.  This is a good place to be
hunting classics.

All I can ask is some respectful space from others
here to allow me to work on getting the white '60 in
the bay area, since I'm already into this negotiation
for about $100 in gas and about 8 hours of work.

-And yeah, it's rough being one of the only Imperial
hunters in the SF Bay Area with Lowell and Doc's
within driving distance, plenty of "california" cars
going for cheap, and a fiancee that likes doing this
so much that she called to apologize for being late
since the battery in the 55 went flat and she just had
to go buy and install a replacement on the road
herself before coming home!

-K

PS - Lowell is in somewhat of a strait right now.  The
county sent him a letter that has him worried
regarding land-use.  Please don't mention this to
him!!!  - I'm counting on discretion from EVERYONE
reading this - as I'm not certain he wants everyone
knowing.

If you need parts, now is a VERY good time to be
asking about them, as he's tossing out the worst cars
on the property to prepare for the worst.  His health
has not been optimal, although he sounded OK the other
day, and if you know the guy, a call to say hello
might be a nice thing to do in general.

When he declined the '65 that I got/resold recently, I
knew that the wind was starting to blow colder here.