Re: IML: Down in Flames/Lowell challenged

Re: IML: Down in Flames/Lowell challenged

Or perhaps during that $1500 tune-up they inadvertently hooked up the hose from the windshield washer pump to a vacuum port on the carb.  I made that up trying to think of ways to fill a covered carb with water. Seems completely unlikely, but I bet someone has done it.

Water from the heads seems much more plausible though.

Dave

David Whitney <hazegreen66@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Standing water in the carb when it's been "parked" for three years?  Anything that was there three years ago would have evaporated.  That's the highest point in the engine.  That water got there only recently, IMHO.  Either the car war parked with the hood open and air cleaner off (not likely) or somebody cranked it over and a gasket leak forced the water into the carb -- out of the combustion chamber and through an intake valve, maybe?  Anyway, she's clearly not playing straight with you and deserves as little as she gets.

Happy motoring,

David

'91 K-Imperial driver
'66 LeBaron dual air and every option known to man

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos.