Re: IML: 1963 EL Dash Power Pack

They are available rebuilt from JC Restorations if I'm
not mistaken.  Rebuilt is the way to go if you're
going to go to the trouble to play around with it.

MAKE CERTAIN THAT YOUR BATTERY IS DISCONNECTED FOR
THIS WORK.  You will only need one lesson the hard way
why this is repeated by so many others who have gone
through before you.

Since this is a PART, go to that section on the club
website - we have it there under instruments, and you
can look at the PARTS SOURCES for this info.

This would be called the "Electroluminescent Power
Pack".  I suspect that they interchange from 60-63 at
the very least.

The new Lexus has EL, but I doubt that is a straight
trade.

-K

--- John Walsh <jwalsh.john@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Fellow "Imperialists"
>
>  I own a 1963 Imperial Crown convertible.  I am
> looking for the
> dashboard/gauges power supply that illuminates the
> dash gauges and
> speedometer.  I am told its parts number is 224054
> for the 1963.  Do any of
> our members know where I can obtain this item, or
> whether a 62 or 64
> Imperial would have the same type of dash
> gauges/power supply  and/or any
> leads on where I might obtain  Thanks for your help.
>
> John Walsh

Kenyon Wills