Re: IML: 60 starter heat saturation

I know we've discussed this issue before, but I'm a hard headed PA Dutchman so it hasn't sunk in. Extraced my Imperial from it's winter hibernation today. Man I love this car. 4 blocks from the garage, a guy in a Mercedes SLR pulled up next to me and asked if I was interested in selling. Great for the old ego. Anyway. the starter works fine when the engine is cold. If I use the car and have to start it a number of times within a half hour or so, the starter will not spin. If I let the car sit for a half hour or so, it will start right up. During it's no start mode, when I turn the key there is absolutely nothing...no clicks, no buzz, the lights don't dim...just nothing. I understand that it's a heat related problem, but is it the starter motor itself, the solenoid, the gauge of the wire, or something else. Bob H sent me a replacement starter which I am going to install this weekend but I don't know what to do with the starter that's on the car now. Does it need to be rebuilt or should I just concentrate on the solenoid. All responses are welcome, even those that make me look/feel like an idiot
Thanks
Tom
60 4dr Crown Southampton