Re: IML: 60 starter heat saturation

--- Tom Scott <shelbyguy@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 Does it need
> to be rebuilt or should I just concentrate on the
> solenoid.  All responses
> are welcome, even those that make me look/feel like
> an idiot
> Thanks
> Tom
> 60 4dr Crown Southampton

They just wear and get loosey.  All of the later cars
need starters when I get them, and I have 2 spares on
hand for when I aquire new vehicles just in case,
since I buy them and sell them from time to time to
fund the others that are keepers.

The '60 starter is somewhat rare, so hanging onto your
cores and rebuilding them will be a prudent move.  I
encourage you to rebuild one of them rather than
running used.  I'd probably just rebuild Bob's and do
the install once, since a rebuild usually only takes a
few days and really isn't that much money compared to
other adventures to be had under the hood.  Not
doubting Bob's product here, mind you, but used is
used  and rebuilt is rebuilt...

You'll be surprised at how much more efficient a
redone unit is, and how much satisfaction you'll get
each time you hear it spinning hard and fast in
comparison to what you put up with before, but that
sorta goes for each sagging part that you do yourself,
doesn't it?

Kenyon Wills