Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 9:28 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Please Welcome Joe B

Thanks for the welcome.  The imperial was owned by
Jimmy Carter while he was the governor or NC?  I'm not
100% sure on the history.  I am actually restoring the
car for a friend in CA and he bought it a few months
ago from NC and had it sent to me.  He has
documentation to prove the history, I have not seen it
myself.  Its blue with a blue top and white leather
interior.  Pretty solid car, but will need a roof
skin.  So I need to know what models interchange with
the 72.  Like maybe a newport or polara?  Could use
maybe a ps rear door.  So looking foward to learning
more info on them.  I am a hardcore mopar guy also,
own a 70 challenger and a 68 sport satellite.  Plus in
the family own at least 50 mopars.

--- JIM LORENZEN <jdlpdx@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Welcome Joe -

Fascinating history on your '72 Imperial.  I must
confess that I'm a little
surprised that President Carter owned an Imperial,
any Kennedy - yes, but an
Imperial seems to me to run a little counter to his
image ( maybe a '51 Ford
PU?).  I'm not doubting your car's history, it just
shows that there are
more sides to historical figures than we of the
general public know.
You will find all sorts of help here for your car as
several members
specialize in that series Imperial.  It is a
fantastic group! And as you
know yourself they are pretty rare.  Rarity aside,
with the ownership
history of this particular car you have, needless to
say, a potentially very
valuable car!
Good luck with you restoration of this piece of
American History!

Jim L. in OR

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve B." <Imperial59@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>