Re: IML: AutoTemp Control Unit?

Javier,

The place to go is the training materials that
Chrysler provided - been there yet?:

http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Master/index.htm#1968

It's common to skim and scan when online, but the two
Auto Temp booklets listed in the section above really
deserve to be patiently read.  They deal with the Why
and How, both crucial areas when trying to deal with a
troublesome part that you're not familiar with when
working on it - skills crucial to both the mechanic of
yesterday and the restorer of today.

I bet that 90% of your question will be answered
there, and the remaining portion by taking your new
knowledge and applying it.

These books are so much easier to read than the FSM
that it's really incredible once you give it a try.

for 57-62 folks, there's on (in 1960?) the dual
platform brake adjustments book will save tremendous
time in explaining the design and bypassing the steep
learning curve and mis-adjustments involved in trying
to do it yourself blindly.

I don't have an AutoTemp 1 car, so have not read
these, but I bet it's exactly the information that
you're seeking.  -Do me a favor and look, then write
back and tell us if that's the ticket or not?

-Kenyon

--- Javier Reynaldos <javier.reynaldos@xxxxxxxxx>