Re: IML: 1965 electricals

Thanks much.  I was trying to see where the battery cables went, but the red one disappears under the air conditioning unit and I can't seem to find it on the other side.  I do need to repair the A/C unit, but hadn't intended on doing it this instant, i.e., having to remove it to find the cable.   I know the battery is fine because I had to charge it off my Volvo that same day.  The Imperial was starting and running with zero problems.  The real issue, at the time, is that I needed to fix the flap on the carb because, it would work manually, but not using the accelerator.  NOW, I have to fix the electrical system, which I'm not very happy about.  Another member suggested I take that wrench and wrap it across my roommate's head, which, I admit would make me feel better, but not get the system working again.  I'll check again, but everything seems to be attached, so any hint would be great.

Thanks all,

Timothy
1965 Crown 4-door

Hitting the carb has nothing to do with the electrical system.  If his
action is what caused it then he hit something else and didn't realize it or
it was just an amazing coinkeydink,

Start at the battery and make sure the battery is fully charged and the
leads are clean and tight.  I would remove them and clean them up and put
them back on.  Also check the bulkhead connector where the wires go in to
the cabin from the underhood area.  This connector can be troublesome.  Much
of the wiring is on the driver side fender.  My guess is you will find that
he leaned on something there to hit the carb and that is what killed it or I
could be all wrong.  Either way you are going to need to get a voltage meter
and track the problem down.

                 Steve B.

See what's free at AOL.com.