Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2007 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 1965 electricals

Thanks much. I was trying to see where the battery cables went, but the red one disappears under the air conditioning unit and I can't seem to find it on the other side. I do need to repair the A/C unit, but hadn't intended on doing it this instant, i.e., having to remove it to find the cable. I know the battery is fine because I had to charge it off my Volvo that same day. The Imperial was starting and running with zero problems. The real issue, at

I'm surprised the red one ends up under the a/c. The negative cable (usually black) is terminated somewhere around the a/c compressor. It hooks directly to the engine. Is this cable connected to the negative terminal on the battery?

Couple o' questions..
Do you have a Voltage meter or test light?
Is everything in the car dead or just the starting circuit?

              Steve B.