From: rlkidd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, 9 May 2007 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: IML: 60 fuel sender unit

  Try unplugging the sender at the tank again. The
rheostat may be bad in the new part.

On Wed, 9 May 2007 12:10:52 -0700 (PDT)
tom higgins <thomash85715@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Why would this happen at the same time as the sender was
being changed out?  Just a coincidence?  Tom said the
other gauges read normal until the replacement device went
in.

randalpark@xxxxxxx wrote:  The internal voltage limiter
has failed. You will need to bypass it and
install an external one on the back of the cluster. By
being pegged the
gauges are receiving too much voltage, so they will burn
out very soon
if you don't disconnect them.

There is information about this at ther OIC web site.

Paul W.