Re: IML: Raising the Rear

Tom Scott <shelbyguy@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I have the original springs on my 60 and I have that'very annoying
vibration' during accleration. The transmission guy told me he thought the the drive shift was hitting the floor because of sagging springs.
Tom, this sounds much more like the center carrier has failed.  Much discussion of this part and its all-too-common failure is on the club's website at http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/UJoints/support.htm

Sources for replacements are also on the club's website: http://www.imperialclub.com/Part/Driveshaft/Sources.htm

Good luck!

Elijah

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair - http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!
http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/Bookshelf.html

My Collection of Imperials - http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan