Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: IML: swivel seats

why were they not a popular item with Chrysler cars
(including Imperials- mandatory part of this email) in
the 50's? Or perhaps they were. Thanks, Ron

Chrysler did have them in '59 though I don't know if they were early or first. I wasn't around at the time but I have had a number of people that were tell me there were two reasons for them. #1 The cars were lower than people were used to and #2 tight skirts were fashionable at the time and made it hard for women to get in and out of the cars. More women were driving and Chrysler wanted to attract them. Heck if I know this if this is true or not...

              Steve B.