Re: IML: seat belt question

Hi Patricia (and anyone interested),

Laws vary by state, so start by checking out the website of your own state government or motor vehicle department.

In many states, the seat-belt laws apply to what was standard on a car in its day. For example, in CA, I do not have to wear seat belts in my 1963 Dart because it never had them. However, I intend to put them in and feel like an idiot for not having done so yet (I have the belts, too!).

For Montana, check this out:

http://www.doj.mt.gov/driving/drivingsafety.asp

Here you'll find the following info I've excerpted:

---
"Montana law allows the following exemptions:

"Vehicles Manufactured Before 1968 – Motor vehicles manufactured before January 1, 1968, were not required by federal motor vehicle standards to have seatbelts. Drivers and passengers in these vehicles are not required to have or install seatbelts."
---

Not sure how that affects the car seats, though. Start at that same web link and see what you can learn!

Safe parading!
Chris in LA
67 Crown
78 NYB Salon