IML: More calipersonline

I ordered a set of Budd calipers for my 69 LeBaron from calipersonline 3 weeks ago, verifying the order by phone with Mike.

Today I received a call from Mark, the father not Mike the son. Apparently they have shipped me two sets of calipers by mistake.

The reason is because I re-submitted the order using their on-liner ordering form 8 days after they had received my cores and money order without me having heard a word from them about the status of my order. I wanted to know if my cores and money order had arrived safely. I called several times during that period and e-mailed several times with no replies.

I did receive an automated order acknowledgement when I place the order online to which I responded that this was a duplicate order which I had placed to verify that they had all of the necessary information for my order placed by phone. Last week I called again and finally got hold of Mike. He said that he would look into my order. Nothing more or less.

When Mark called today, I asked him if he would give me the tracking numbers of the two shipments coming my way. He said that they had shipped on May 17th and that I should have received an e-mail on May 17th. Of course I did not. I was given the tracking number for one of the shipments (which should arrive may 23rd) which Mark asked me to refuse delivery so that it would be returned to them. He said that this was different to the other one because it had a charge for the cores with it? He did not have the tracking number for the shipment which is mine so I cannot check on it!

I am getting the calipers shipped to my work so potentially I could be there or ask someone else there to refuse the shipment. My issue is that I do not know that a second set of calipers is actually in transit, so I would not refuse the delivery if these are the first to be delivered. Also, I have heard on this forum about calipers missing threads and leaking. I figure that if I get four calipers, I should be able to get two good ones.

This is a long and involved story for something which should be very simple. Note that the call today was the first time that anyone had contacted me about my order and that was only because of the duplicate order that they had shipped. I still do not have a tracking number for "my" calipers. Just a little bit of communication early on would have made things much easier. It is not over yet.  At this point I do not have any calipers in hand and do not know if the ones I get will work.

On the bright side I should be getting four calipers so the odds of success are twice as good. More to come. Hopefully a happy ending for all.

Fred Joslin