IML: Gas Tanks, fuel problem fixed, now I'm bending pushrods

IML: Gas Tanks, fuel problem fixed, now I'm bending pushrods

I had my '59 done here in Barre, Vermont.  The company name is McLeod's 1-800-464-4971.  The cost for having it steamed and relined was about $190.00 and I spent another $200 for a new sending unit which I installed and it is working just fine.

My tank was full of crud and had some surface rust inside, and coating it, blowing out the lines and putting in a new fuel pump was just the ticket.  I wouldn't trust buying a used tank to be much better than what I already had, and I have not seen any NOS tanks for sale for 1950's Imperials.

I still have some motor issues, in that the left bank on my motor after doing the heads and valves is still bending pushrods and has blow by.  I did pull the valve cover off and had another bent rod in the #1 cylinder yet again.  I wonder if it is the timing chain bending them when I shut it down and it somehow jumps timing?

The after having the heads done the car ran perfectly for a day before old gas clogged the pump, filter.  After replacing these I drove the car home, shut it off and the next morning had the bent rods.

Any suggestions?

Steve Restelli
Webmaster:
http://BarreCity.net