IML: Bent Pushrods

Steve,
Some excellent reading material on the subject of heads and the required measurements and tolerances thereof can be had at about this page of the 1964 Factory Service Manaul, http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1964/FSM/html/09-015.htm If you go thru a few pages before and after this link, you can then ask your machinist if they checked for the allowable dimensions for the valve seat grind (grind down too much and u have too much valve stem on the other end), for planing of the heads (too much off the heads change the lifter to rocker arm length and hence pushrod length), and for proper placement of the rocker arms if they were removed and reorganized improperly.
Happy micrometering.

Eric
Lebanon, Oregon
I still have some motor issues, in that the left bank on my motor after =
doing the heads and valves is still bending pushrods and has blow by.  I=
did pull the valve cover off and had another bent rod in the #1 cylinde=
r yet again.  I wonder if it is the timing chain bending them when I shu=
t it down and it somehow jumps timing?
The after having the heads done the car ran perfectly for a day before o=
ld gas clogged the pump, filter.  After replacing these I drove the car =
home, shut it off and the next morning had the bent rods.
Any suggestions?