Re: IML: Need someone fro repairs on my 1960 - Massachusetts

Re: IML: Need someone fro repairs on my 1960 - Massachusetts

Hi James,

Unfortunately I live in the Netherlands, otherwise I would be glad to help you out !
But are you sure that you won't try it your self then?

Really, with a Factory Service Manual on hand, there isn't much that can go wrong. After all, these 1960 Imperials are really simple cars as far as technology concerns.

Those sparkplugs are quite easy to reach with the right socket tool box (with long and short extensions) and the lifters can be replaced without removing the heads (look in the repair section on the IML and in the FSM).

Heater control valve repair is work for a pro, but you can always buy an rebuild one (look at Ebay) and fit it yourself.

The oil venting system is really straight forward and shouldn't give too much problems.

Don't hesitate to ask questions, we are all happy here to answer them as good as possible.

I am sure you will have fun in the end when you have done these repairs all by yourself (with a little help from us :)

Good luck,

Rob