IML: The continuing saga about an interior dome light that stays on at

IML: The continuing saga about an interior dome light that stays on at half power...

Hello all,

Last year I wrote to the list for help with regard to an annoying problem
with the interior dome-light of my 1960 Crown.
For some reason the light stayed on at half power with the doors closed,
the light was shining at full power with a door open or when the switch
was set into the 'on' position.
I never found the real reason, until yesterday..

The problem was cured last october by using a new 1004 bulb in the
dome-light, very strange indeed..
Until yesterday morning the problem came up again! Ofcourse I thought to
be smart and replaced the bulb immediately for another one.
However, no result this time.

I started thinking what has happened before the dome light stayed on
forever again..
The only thing I could remember that a passenger has take ride with me in
the car. So the front passenger door was openend, could it be that....

I openend the passenger front door, and YES the interior dome light that
was still on at half power or so finally stopped shining!!
So this must have something to do with the wiring harness that is running
through the front passenger door. I was bending the bundle of wires a
little  and suddenly the dome light came on again at half power!!

I thought : @#@$%)#@~!, and started bending the wires again, however
without  any result this time. The light stayes on at half power.

It must have something to do with the wires that running through the front
passenger door. But I don't see the point here : those wires are for the
electric window motor and the electric power door lock switch.
So how could these wires affect my interior dome light then.

I am puzzled..anyone got a clue what is wrong here?
And how to determine which wire is causing all the trouble, cutting them
one by one to see when the light goes out doesn't seem a smart way if you
ask me..

I hope somebody have the answer for me.

Thanks in advance!

Robert