IML: heater switch nipple repair

Hi All,

 While working on my dash on the 67 convertible, I found the heater switch to be broken, so I did some web surfing and I stumbled aross this on another mopar board. I have provided a link to a photobucket album with some pictures he sent me. he repairs those pesky plastic nipples (actually make new ones) Mike Becker

Here is the excerpt of the email he sent me.
Subject: Fw: Re: vacuum switch repair

Mike,
  Do you have any pictures of the rear switch you are talking about?
I think the main switch is just like the ones in then a,b,and c bodys. Can
you send me a link to your forum?.  I don,t have a web site.  I just
advertise on all the mopar forums.  At the bottom of this e-mail  there is a
link to my picture album that has pictures of the various switches that I
build and repair.
Thanks,
 Anthony

NOTE- New e-mail address   aepowell3@xxxxxxxxxxx
Please let me know when you receive the e-mail.

Mike,
  Below is a canned letter that I send to everyone showing my service and
what the charges are. So far I have been able to get the switches back in the
mail the day after I receive them.  If your car is a62-65 air car be sure to
check your temp selector switch located on the right side o the plenum
(picture #3). The average cost to rebuild the switch is usually about 45.00
plus 5.00 for shipping.  It just depends on how much work needs to be done.
If your buttons are a little hard to bush it usually needs at least 2 of the
wafer boards.
If your really lucky you can get off with just the vacuum port repair.

  I would need you to send me your switch or switches.  There is some machine
work that I have to do no the switch. I can fix several problems that happen
to most of these switches.  The cost just depends on what is broken on your
switch. I can fix AC/Heat or Heat only switches.  I have rebuilt switches for
people all over the United States.  Rick Eburg did an article on my repairs
in the March
2006 edition of Mopar Action.
   Picture #1 is a before and after shot of the vacuum control switch. It
will work on any push button mopar switch from 1959 to 1988.  Picture #2 is a
before and after shot of the push button repair.  Picture #3 is a before and
after shot of the Temperature selector switch for 62-65 b body air
conditioned cars.  Picture #4 is a before and after shot of the max cool
vacuum switch that piggy backs on the fan switch on the 62-65 B body air
cars.
Picture #5 is a before and after shot of the sliding wafer boards that go
inside the switch.
  I have been using a repaired switch in my car for over two years now and it
works great.  The port and button repair is made out of black or white delrin
material.  It is super tough.  The other two switches are made of alum.  They
will all outlast the cars they are going in.  The wafer boards are made out
of a super tough plastic shim stock.  The vacuum port repair is 35.00, button
repair 5.00 each,and wafer boards are 5.00 each. The temp selector switch is
35.00 as is the piggy back max cool switch. Just send a money order for the
services that you think you need.  I won't know if you have any bad boards in
the switch until I open it up.  If there are bad boards you can send payment
for them when you get your switch back. I can be reached  at
aepowell3@xxxxxxxxxxx or (903)-893-5674. I thank you very much for this
chance to show my product.
Anthony Powell
1305 North Grant Dr.
Sherman, Tx.
75092

Here is a link to some pictures of my 65 Coronet (I sold it in July)
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5749122

Here is the link to the pictures of the switches
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid5749114