From: JIM LORENZEN <jdlpdx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2007 10:43:55 AM
Subject: IML: Lowell Howe

Hi group,
I just got off the phone with Lowell Howe.  I called him regarding a driver's side headlight bezel for my '60 and a hood ornament for my '62 yesterday.  He called this morning and while out of hood eagles, he did have some headlight bezels for the '60.  He said he'd send the one without pitting right off and asked for my address.  We then went on to chat about Patricia's search for the lift for her FS deck.  He sounded like we'd about reached the end of our conversation and I paused then asked how much I owed him for the bezel.  He kind of chuckled and said he'd send an invoice along with the bezel explaining that if I didn't like it I could send it back without the resulting paperwork of charges and credits.  He said "that was the way we do things around here" and that most people were pretty good about it.  After getting screwed over by "so called friends" I was at almost a total loss for words that there was someone in the parts game that still did business on the honor system.  All I could do was sort of stammer "Thank you" a couple of times.
I know Patricia said he was a very nice man but I was dumbfounded and gratefull.
While I haven't seen the part or price, I can't help but feel that the world is a little better place because of Lowell Howe.

Jim L. in OR
    '60 Crown 4dr Southampton
    '62 Crown 4dr Southampton