From: "tdcox" <tdcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: 2,000 mile trip
My wife and I have just returned from a nearly 2,000 mile trip in our 56
Southampton coupe.
...The only odd thing that we noticed on our return trip was that our gas
mileage dropped in half, to about 7 mpg. I was pretty sure the timing =
was off but didn=92t expect such a decrease. When we arrived home, I washed the
car and found that the entire passenger side of the car had a thick oily
substance all over it. Also, we smelled gas fumes on the last half of =
the trip. Wonder if this could be a leaky fuel pump; the oil level was fine, so
I assume it is fuel related.
 Thanks to the Webmonsters for adding pictures of our car to the
56 Imperials