Re: IML: 1955 Imperial

ask for a bypass hose a 91 lebaron with a 3.0l, it may work.

From: randalpark@xxxxxxx
I know what you are referring to here.

1956 heater valve connection is made the same way. The closest thing I found was a formed water pump bypass hose, then trimmed to fit. That was a long time ago, and now I don't remember what the application of the bypass hose was or if it would still be available.

It is possible to use a length of hose long enough so that it doesn't kink when you connect the other end. It won't look right, but it will work. You can secure it with a cable tie to hold it out of the way. It is a little harder to bleed the air out, but it will go if you are patient until you find the proper formed hose.

Paul W.