Re: IML: Ausco-Lambert disc brakes

Roger,
thanks for the heads up. stainless sleeves. from another source i did learn that
"standard" cups from NAPA were used on one T&C years ago. i talked with the
present owner again a while ago. he told me that the engine was not stuck. when i had tried to turn it by hand it would not budge, but supposedly he dropped a 12v battery into it and it turned over, a prime to the carb and it started!! hope he didn't cook all the gages with 12v. also he found 3 of the vented wheel covers, the air cleaner, and the missing door panels. he was upset when i told him the engine appeared stuck because he was understanding that the engine had been rebuilt about 500 miles ago,
but that was in the early '80s.
so, you were able to find a parts Crown? my dilemma is becoming less shadowy.
time and diligence have paid off for you obviously, i can follow that tact.
i think i am about to own my first Imperial.
have secured the use of a trailer, start my vacation this afternoon, hmmmmm.
guess this white bearded, fat boy is making a list, checkin' it twice and headed
out of town early monday morning.  top off the master cylinder and pump
away, if i get a little pedal, my father's day might include driving 2 houses away
*_in style_* to show off.

Paul
Dayton, Ohio

mopar48291@xxxxxxx wrote:
Paul;
I'm in the midst of reviving a set of the disc brakes for my 1955 Crown. This car, a sedan w/o division, had the front brakes replaced with drums many years ago, and then was sidelined when it came time to deal with the rear discs. With the help of a parts Crown, I've got what I need to put it all back in order.