IML: '64 Imperial on E-bay & various Imperial features

IML: '64 Imperial on E-bay & various Imperial features

I looked at the pictures of the '64 Imperial Crown convertible on E-bay and it is a nice car, but as some others have noted it is not quite all original. I seem to remember that the engine color in those years was black? Correct me if I was wrong. In the '70s they changed to a turquoise blue or something similar.

One thing that interested me was the front seats equipped with headrests. I looked in the pictures on the club website and apparently those were standard on the Imperials in '64. Chrysler introduced the "Tower Back" seats earlier ('59 or '60?) and then dropped them in '63. Was the Imperial the first to have the headrests?

I remember a discussion years ago about 3-point seatbelts and I believe that the '64 and up Imperials had an anchor point built into the roof structure that would serve for that type seat belt underneath the headliner above and behind the driver and front seat passenger seat. Has anyone with a '64/65/66 checked theirs to see?

On the lamps issue, when visiting your local auto parts store, take the old lamp with you (if there is still one in your car). That makes it a little easier to find a suitable replacement. I used Auto Zone in Frisco, TX recently and found that a suitable replacement for a 1034 is an 1157. The map/courtesy and dome lamp 1004 was still available off the shelf.

Joe S.