Re: IML: SPEAKING OF: what Keynon calls the ultra-rare bendix 4 whl ABS

Elijah,

From what I have understood, the sure brake system was an Imperial only option. My 72 parts manual lists the parts for Imperial only.

Frank
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2007 1:53 AM
Subject: Re: IML: SPEAKING OF: what Keynon calls the ultra-rare bendix 4 whl ABS

"Bigdog1(P. Juliano Jr.) list member" <bigdog1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a "fresh" '73 Imperial 4dr with that system on it if any one is interested in it???
Also can anyone tell me what other years and models that system would fit on???
The SureBrake four wheel anti-lock braking system was the first four wheel ABS offered on an American car.

It was made available in 1971 on Imperial and the Chrysler New Yorker.  It was also offered in 1972 and 1973, again on Imperial and New Yorker.

An article describing and testing the system is available on the club's website at http://www.imperialclub.com/Articles/71RoadTest/index.htm

Another article with a road test of the SureBrake system installed in a '72 Imperial is available on the club's website at http://www.imperialclub.com/Articles/72PopularScience/

The system is also described in the Chrysler Features albums for '71, and '72, also available on our club's website:
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1971/Showroom/Page34.htm
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1972/72Features/Page33-reg.jpg

That's some great stuff, eh?  :o)  Remember that everything on the club's website is FREE!  Getting it there, however, is the result of a lot of hardwork and monetary investment by a group of dedicated volunteers.  We've got more great material lined up, so help us keep adding this invaluable content to the club's website by making a contribution.  Just visit http://www.imperialclub.com/OIC-specific/donations.htm to show your appreciation.

Thanks!

Elijah
OIC Treasurer

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair - http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/

Find Repair & Shop Manuals, Parts Books, History & More at The Imperial Bookshelf!
http://home.comcast.net/~imperial1971/Bookshelf.html

My Collection of Imperials - http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan