Re: IML: Tulsa '57 Plymouth

From what pictures of the car I have seen, the car appears to be a toatal mess. But it looks like if they washed the dirt off of it it might be a little better. I saw a picture of the front seat, it is toatally rotted. Kind of sad it would have been much neater if they pulled it out and it was in great shape.  They pumped something like four feet of water out of the vault, and said it looked like there had been more than that at one time by looking at the vault walls. Too bad they couldent have sealed the vault up better and made it waterproof. But i'm sure they did the best they could to seal the vault, with what they had in 1957. My first car I bought to drive when I was 16 was a 1957 Plymouth Belvedere. What a car that was, 318 wide block, push button transmission, power steering, and those giant fins. What made it better is I am only 33 years old and when I had that car from 1990-1993 no one else had one, I wish I had it back. Dam that guy who bought it, for offering me so much money, just kidding, but, I sure woulden't sell it for that much now. Now it is worth 3 times what I sold it for. Sorry this is off Imperial topic, but I am sure many people on this list, including myself appreciate vintage Mopars, not just Imperials.

  Tom

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2007 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: IML: Tulsa '57 Plymouth

I imagine that's the only picture there is right now.  I knew it would be a rusted mess but didn't figure on the car standing in water.  The '57 Plymouth's almost always rusted out anyway, can't imagine there will be much left.  Should have walled it up in a city building.  Guess that is not as dramatic as burying the thing under the courthouse lawn.  Remember menbers, always keep your Imperial (content) out of underground swimming pools.

Richard
'60 Crown

Cruiser <xcruiser66@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Where are the pictures? I don't see anything but a car cover on what
apperas to be a car in a hole from the like you sent