Re: IML: Tulsa '57 Plymouth

The Belvedere obviously did not 'r.i.p.' all these years like those who came up with the idea of burying it back in '57 thought it would. I've watched many of the videos on the internet about the car and it being unearthed. Three to four feet of water had to be pumped out of the hole after the concrete lid was removed on Wednesday. It was noted in the news accounts that the water marks on the walls were indicative the car had been completely under water at some point. My question is why was the decision made to bury the car underground? Would it not have made more sense to have sealed the car in a building or an above ground vault to be 'exhumed' in 2007? At least it would not have been (literally) sitting in a pool of water.

Just my .02...

Greg McDonnell
'65 Crown convertible