IML: LPG Conversion

LPG conversions have interested me in the past. It's about $1.99 a gallon in my area, whereas premium petrol is currently running $3.16. Depending on the gas metering valve, it's reported that a 10-20% drop in fuel efficiency can be expected. I'm to the thought that if one ups the compression ratio that this can offset this decrease in efficiency. I've read that the 105-110 octane that LPG provides has a corelation to about a 12:1 compression ratio, which is an easy swap to aftermarket HP pistons in a 440. LPG also responds to recurving the ignition advance but I'm not sure if a slower or faster advance is preferable.
Rob, have you tried any of these alterations to your motor?

Eric
1964 Crown Coupe