Re: IML: 62 Torqueflite; will it fit a 1960 Imperial?

Re: IML: 62 Torqueflite; will it fit a 1960 Imperial?

As I recall from previous postings and my own queries on the subject when my '60 transmission needed a rebuild last year, the newer (post '61) aluminum bodied transmission will NOT mate to the 1960 engine.

I can't answer your question either but I also just had the trans redone for my '59 (same transmission) and all the hard parts are still readily available. Luckily I had a spare transmission so I had that one rebuilt and then had them install it once it was done. The only thing that they couldn't find were the shoes for the parking brake and I was able to secure a set of those luckily. I would say keep looking and you will find a good shop that can do this. Find the NAPA store with the grump old guys and ask them who can do it for you. Thats how I found the place that did mine.

Steve B.