From: mmonsher@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 2:29 pm
Subject: RE: IML: sticky throttle

i read that you converted the ac to 134a. My compressor just froze up and
shredded the belts...did you replace or rebuild the compressor?  did you
replace dryer/receiver?  or did you just evacuate, change adapters, and
replace with 134a?   mel  1966  crown imperial   67 new yorker

IF it is a cable -- and I do not know whether it is or isn't on this
model -- one thing that will cause the cable to stick inside the
housing
is if the ground strap from the engine to the body is either broken,
missing, or not connected well at one end or the other.

What happens is the electric ground for the body (think radio, lights,
all other body-mounted electrical equipment) has to find a way back to
the other end of that negative battery cable... which is bolted to the
block.... and down a throttle cable or a shift cable is an easy path
for
it to get there.

IN the process, it tends to weld the cable to the inside of the
housing.

So you might check your ground strap.  That's what it's there for.

--Brooks in Dallas