IML: 1956 Rear Axle House

I am planning some changes in my Chrysler New Yorker and I'll need your help on the following: I will set a Gear Vendors unit at the rear of a Torque-flite, according to Steve from "Imperial Service" (I purchased from them a transmission cable kit to keep my push buttom), this kit will work with a 66 or newer transmission. Also Gear Vendor unit  will work with a 66 or newer transmission but the actual hand brake system will disappear. I'm planning to eliminate the actual rear axle house and install a newer one, one with the emergency brake incorporated to the rear brakes. Is there some unit that will interchange with my actual rear housing?
Thank you, all of you, for your sugestions.
Luis Villar