Re: IML: Dealer won't work on a '90s Imperial

I would say that the dealers have no more interest in fixing classic cars than the auto restoration shop has in fixing a MAF sensor on a 2006 Charger...To each his specialty, and knowing that the dealer is not interested in fixing your car, why would you even want him or trust him to do it...Let someone who cares work on your car. at least then you have a better chance of getting the job done right and with care...
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 5:42 PM
Subject: RE: IML: Dealer won't work on a '90s Imperial

I take my car to an independent mechanic regularly.  He never, never, never has trouble tracking down parts.  The service writer tried to give me that spiel and I told him I wasn't buying it.  You are probably closer to the mark, Ken, when you dance around the point that the service manager doesn't have enough confidence in his mechanics to be able to do the job with a sufficiently high profit margin.  Sort of shakes the foundations of your brand loyalty, doesn't it?

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?