From: David Dimitriou <macedonxx@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:54 pm
Subject: Re: IML: Broken hood latch cable

I had that happen to me on my '62. Actually on mine the little locking barrel at the end of the cable came loose. Same result, latched hood with no cable release.

I was able with very great difficulty to push on the latch through the grille with my longest, skinniest screwdriver. It took me a couple hours, but I finally got it to release. Although much of that time was spent cursing.

Good luck.

Dave

parrow33@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Yesterday the hood release cable broke on my '65 Crown Coupe. Naturally the hood is latched. Does anyone have any suggestions as how to get the hood open without damaging anything? Thanks, Jim