Re: [RE]IML: sequentail tail lamps

Mark,
   The only Imperial with factory sequential turn signals was the
1969.  I had a 69 from 1971-1980 and prior to it I had a 1970
Cougar.  I do well with AUTO electricals and the systems used on
the Imperial and on the Cougar were exactly the same.  They
consisted of 12 relays, and a cam motor OR a "Transistorized"
Solid-State Sequencer (BOTH plug compatable - I had both for my
69). The turn signals went 1-2-3 and the stop lights ALL lit up
at the same time.  Erring on the side of safety, this was the
best method.  Sequenced Brake Lights are illegal in some sates.
The wiring diagrams of the 69 are a VERY good example of the
compexity back then.  It can be done more simply now with Ic's
and diodes (for the brake circuit), but added wires need to come
to the trunk.

Æyn

--- Mark  Jefferson <imperialist67@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------------------------------
I have been pondering putting these on my '67, as I always
thought he rear end of those really called for sequential
taillights.

Does anyone know if this kit can be wired to operate the same way
on the brake lights? My thinking was that it would make them
(brake lights) stand out a little better amidst all the newer
cars with their much larger taillights. I think I have heard that
the lights will flash initially when hitting the brakes, then
staying on....

If it extends the life of those hard-to-find turn signals
(especially when you have tilt......) all the better.....

THANKS - Mark.