From:  Frank Griffin <gilbertparts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:  Re: IML: Another Imperial Problem
Date:  Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:55:40 -0700 (PDT)

 Hi Bill,

           My first guess from your info is that the master cylider needs to be rebuilt or replaced. It sounds like fluid is leaking past the seals and you are losing pressure.

                                                                                                       Frank

Billimp68@xxxxxxx wrote:

List,

A problem surfaced today on my 1968 Crown Coupe, as you might guess, it concerns the brakes.   This car has always had excellent brakes, which never caused a problem, until today.  Here is what happened today, the car had good brakes at the start of the drive, but when I stopped for any reason, stop light, etc, noticed that the brake pedal would slowly sink toward the floor from the pressure of my foot.  At first, a couple of rapid pumps gave a hard pedal, but then the pressure of my foot again caused the pedal to go lower, which allowed the car to creep forward.  Just as I arrived home, had hardly any brakes left at all, more pumping of the brake pedal had no
effect.  Of course, I checked the master cylinder for fluid level, and found both compartments full to the brim, The engine runs smooth, which makes me doubt if there is a vacuum leak.   I need your suggestions as to what caused this problem and the fix you might recommend.  I have owned this car for fourteen years and the calipers had been converted to stainless steel sleeves prior to that.

Thank you,

Bill/Imp, 68's

What's the most memorable email you've ever received? Tell Hotmail about it! ----------------- http://www.imperialclub.com ----------------- This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the Administrators should be sent to iml.webmonster@xxxxxxxxx To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm