Re: IML: fuel tank sending unit

I had the same problem with the gauge not going above 1/4 when I used the sending unit that is sold as fitting all full size Chryslers.  The Imperial is a unique sending unit due to the fuel sentry relay in the system.

-----Original Message-----
From: MIKE CINDY BECKER
Sent: Jul 20, 2007 8:49 PM
To: mailing-list
Subject: IML: fuel tank sending unit

Thanks everyone for the advice on the convert. top it works.   I need some advice on on adjusting the fuel tank sender, I put a new (fabricated from brass by a guy in Detroit I think, several years ago,  the gauge always read empty, recently  I removed the dash and went thru cleaned, checked and repaired as  needed. the gauge still read empty, but as fuel was consumed the " check gages" light will come on showing that the low fuel warning part of the circuit is working. but the gauge always reads empty. today I removed the sending unit and bent the float rod "up", now with a full tank it reads 1/4  tank on the gauge. Did I bend too far or not far enough. BTW is not "gages"  an incorrect spelling on the dash. thamks, Mike Becker   67 imperial, in Salem, Oregon
----------------- http://www.imperialclub.com ----------------- This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please reply to mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the Administrators should be sent to iml.webmonster@xxxxxxxxx To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to http://imperialclub.com/unsubscribe.htm