Re: IML: Deck Lid Anodizing

Tell everyone to stay away from Ano-brite......they did a horrible job for me !  Gerald MacPherson (Bangkok)

Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dean's anodizing in Redwood City did mine (10 years
ago). It's a relatively simple industrial process
used in high-tech here in Silicon Valley, and many
urban industrial areas have folks that do it. Take a
look in your yellow pages if you like looking people
in the eye before you hand them your precious items.

It's a really interesting process, so ask for a tour
of the facility if you think they'll take you out back
where the process is done.

-Kenyon

--- Henry Hopkins wrote:

> Ano-Brite in N. Hollywood, CA, does excellent work
> on re-anodizing. Had
> our 60 Plymouth one done, also door sills, front
> grille for our 66 Dodge
> Dart. Came highly recommended from fellow Mopar
> owners and I say the
> same. Do a google and it pops right up.
>
> Henry Hopkins
>
> Joe Strickland wrote:
> > Does anyone know if a flight-sweep deck lid from a
> '59 will fit a '62? I have one from years ago that
> I was thinking of putting on my '62. The trunk
> latch arrangement looks different.
> >
> > Also, has anyone had rust holes on one repaired?
> The one I acquired had rusted through in places.
> >
> > What about refinishing the aluminum center trim
> piece that the '59 flight-sweep deck lid has. There
> is some corrosion on the one I have and it needs
> cleaning and possibly re-anodizing. Does anyone do
> this?
> >
> > Joseph W. Strickland
> > 1021 Vaughan Lane
> > Tioga, TX 76271-2937

> response will be
> > shared with everyone. Private messages (and
> attachments) for the
> > Administrators should be sent to
> iml.webmonster@xxxxxxxxx
> > To UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to