IML: Re:airconditiong/retrofit

for 66 imperial ac retrofit, i was told that the condensor needed to be changed for a high flow model,of course the receiver/dryer needed to be changed,  a flush wouldn't hurt.   the oil needs to be changed from the original mineral oil to ester(ester works with both r 12  and 134a)(pag only with 134a).  Does anyone have experience with a retro fit where the condensor was not changed and the ac worked well?  I really don't want to change the condensor and would be forced to recharge with r12 after replacing the v2 compressor which failed(from advanceautoparts, or some other source if someone has a good place in the san fernando valley.   thanks  mmonsher@xxxxxxx