Re: IML: Dipping Ammeter - 1972

Kenyon,
 I too agree with Dick. I had the same problem with one of my 64's.. it was a stuck set motor switch. The fact it doesn't do it when the key is off is an indication it is something that is only powered with the key on. Try to listen for a clicking circuit breaker with the key on but engine not running. One you find the breaker you will know what it powers. From there see what switches are powered by that breaker. You could have a stuck switch or a shorted wire. Good luck & keep us informed

George Norton