RE: IML: '64 LeBaron restoration

Tidewatermoparclub.com        I forgot to add a link

Bob K

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 5:36 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: '64 LeBaron restoration

If you are in Hampton Roads area of Virginia, Contact the Tidewater Mopar Club.

Bob Kinker

64 Crown Coupe

64 Sport Fury

64 Belvedere

64 Fury Max Wedge wannabe

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 4:27 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chris,
I am in Virginia and just had extensive mechanical restoration work done to my 67 Chrysler 300. I'm located in Northern Virginia. Not sure if my advice will be very helpful to you or not....the guys who worked on my car are working for someone else now (not working at their own shop anymore) and their employeer won't let them work on their "customer's" cars anymore. Best advice I can give you is to join a car club that is local to you as well as belonging to wider/bigger clubs (such as this On-Line Imperial Club).

Where are you located in Virginia??? If you are in the Washington, DC area, I would suggest CPOC (Chrysler Product Owners Club) as a local Mopar Club. If you are in the Tidewater/Va Beach area I would suggest the Tidewater Mopar Club. Both have websites and are very active in their local areas. Members will tend to know the good places to go to get your car repaired/restored.

My "guys" still work on cars on the weekends at their "home" shops...but right now they are swamped. My car has had 80% of the work I wanted done completed and is safe and drivable...I've been on my own now to try to find people to do the other 20% of the job. I have found someone who works at a Dodge dealer and has his own shop where he works with some helpers evenings and weekends. I'm getting him started on completing the final 20% of the restoration.

It sounds kinda weird but that's how I've had to go about getting my car restored. I think I may start a thread about this....peoples experiences or restoration stories. The process is not a drop the car off/done on schedule type of thing....