Re: ***Possible Spam*** Re: IML: Restoration vs maintenance

Re: ***Possible Spam*** Re: IML: Restoration vs maintenance

I kind of believe that most mechaincal repair is just that--repair.  Maybe if you take extra pains to be certain that the cadmium plating is of certain appearance, that could start to leach over into restoration.  Replacing the alternator because it has failed, is a repair.  Replacing the rubber weather strip because it leaks is a repair.  The weather strip preserves the car by keeping water out. I suppose under that example, removing a vynal roof, pulling the backlite, and fixing the rust hole under it before you paint it and replace the vynal roof covering could be stretched into "repair", because stopping the water is a preservation consideration.  Now, when we get to the place where you replace some part because it looks bad, that is restoration.  Replacing a torn up carpet, sunbleached upholstery, dried out vynal roof covering, that is restoration.

JOhn