From: Joe Strickland <jwstrick426@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 4:53 am
Subject: IML: '62 Brake System Repair

Paul;

Thanks for the information. I had not tried to search for hard lines yet. This saves me the wasted effort. I have a friend who has the tubing and the tools to make replacement lines. It makes sense that if the lines have any rust in them it might cause problems in the "T" on the rear axle. Not having to worry about a proportioning valve also will make the repair go easier. All "T's" will need
to be cleaned out good.

Rob;

Thanks for the information on the vendor of wheel and master cylinders. It is
always good to have more than one source.  Andy Bernbaum also has them.

One plus in the situation is that the front brake shoes will not need to be replaced as they were not subjected to excessive heat and were replaced just before the car was taken to the dealer for rear brake work. Front wheel
bearings will be re-packed.  I plan to get new rear shoes and all wheel
cylinders on order.

Thanks to everyone for their advice.  I did get both rear drums removed
yesterday by late in the day.  I don't work as fast as I used to.

The plates that the shoes fit into and the shoe platforms need to be cleaned up to remove any old lubricants and dust and dirt. Then new lubricants need to be
applied sparingly to the correct places before new shoes are installed.

I am getting eager to finish the job and have the car in running condition once
more!

Joseph W. Strickland
1021 Vaughan Lane
Tioga, TX 76271-2937