IML: I survived my first car show Too--I was awarded the Chairman's Awar

IML: I survived my first car show Too--I was awarded the Chairman's Award a t Stowe Vermont!

What a nice surprise and a very nice honor to be be(stowe)d upon Bling, my 1959 Imperial.  Stowe Vermont is one of the biggest in New England and they strictly limit their cars to 900 for a three day weekend.

I went their on Friday to pick up my registration packed for class 17 (unrestored cars postwar cars from 1958-1967).  The 400 vendors were all set up and I scoured the parts area for anything for Bling.  I did come up with a NOS Chrysler rear speaker, and some earlier tail lights, but nothing else!

Saturday I spent the day looking at all the cars, and these cars--all of them were really very nice!  In fact I mentioned this may times in conversations with other participants.  I couldn't decide which cars were deserving off winning, as they were all winners in my estimation.  I realized that there were a lot of unrestored cars that looked much better over the years than mine did, but I did know that perhaps I may still have a chance.  I went there to have some fun and if I came in 3rd in my class I would have been elated.

Sunday afternoon was judging and then the awards ceremony, which would of a very long line of cars for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in some 48 classes.  I didn't know that there were other awards, so there I was checking them all out and upon making my return to my car I was greeted by Ken Squire who asked me if the Imperial was mine?  When I responded that it was he said I was needed to immediately drive it onto the awards runway where he would announce that I had been awarded the "Chairman's Award" for the show.  I hurried up  and wondered if the stage would hold my 5000 pound car?  It did and it was only then that I realized what I had won.

The Chairman's award is given out by the Co-Chairs of the Vermont Automobile Association and the Stowe Area Association.  These two apparently surveyed the some 900 cars at the show and decide which car they would like to personally own.  They had chosen my car above all the other beautiful classics, consisting of all Fords, Chevrolet's, Chrysler's, Corvettes, Porsche's, Pierce Arrows, Rolls Royce's, everything else!  I was truly humbled my Pink Crown Imperial Southampton Silvercrest stood above everything else in their eyes.  Yes, this was very special!

I would say that our fine cars are now really being appreciated for the true milestones that they represented when they were built.  They are being noticed and more importantly appreciated for distinctions over all the cars contemporary to their time of manufacture.

If any of you members were there at Stowe, Vermont on 8/12/07, I would love to have a photograph of "Bling" receiving a very special award.

Steve Restelli, Vacationocity.net CRTA
http://vacationocity.net  Easy Travel Search Engine for all your Travel & Vacations
http://vacationocity.biz  Create your 24/7 Travel Store that pays 60% commissions.