Re: IML: Imperial verus the other luxury cars

Re: IML: Imperial verus the other luxury cars

Hi gang,
Not to differ with my bubby here in Billings, but ????  Last year we went to a car show in Cody Wy.  There was a 56 Caddy there and it was a rust bucket.  the car was original, full leather interior, and spent it's whole life in wyoming.  I could not believe how bad the rust was around the trunk area and the stainless on the bottom quarters.  Interior was still in good shape.  the guy who owned it was just getting started on repair.  My 55 is a year older, spent it's whole life in Montana and has no body rust at all.  I understand most of this is to washing and care of the car.  I just dont see how the coach works could be better if this is the end result.  Just my 2 cents worth.
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaaaa

ndPaula@xxxxxxx wrote:
Hello All,
 In my humble opinion - Imperial never had a rival!! It was all about HANDLING.And that is where we were light years ahead. True some year Caddy's were faster  - and GM's coachwork may have been better   -- but remember one thing -  Imperials were built by car lovers for car lovers.
                                                                              Allan from Billings

Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!