RE: IML: Reinstalling rear brake shoes on a '62

RE: IML: Reinstalling rear brake shoes on a '62

OK, thanks for the updates, Joe. I?m glad you finally know what is going on
(replacement linings too thick).

I learn something new every day here! All that new info must be what is
pushing out so many gray hairs now. I had wrongly assumed that they were the
same as on my '63 - my bad!

Dick Benjamin

Africa  :>)

1. Verify that the adjusters are showing no thread at all. If so,  they are
set to the minimum length they can achieve.

Dick;  On these "Total Contact Brakes" the adjusters never have any exposed
threads visible.  They use cams that are enclosed between two steel support
plates.  I have adjusted the cams to the minimum position.

Joe