Re: IML: DVAP

My sister-in-law and her family live in Phoenix.  My wife and I visited her
a couple of years ago and I just *had* to go see DVAP.  I also visited
Hidden Valley Auto Parts which is south of Phoenix.

Both places were trips into fantasyland for an eastcoaster like me.  Cars
from the 50s, 60s, and 70s sitting in the desert with paint blasted off the
lower body by blowing sand.  And the metal was clean and shiny.  I couldn't
believe it.  Original exhaust systems on 20+ YO cars, unrusted brake drums
and rotors, unoxidized aluminum transmission cases...  Astonishing.  Of
course the vinyl tops, dash pads, and tops of the door panels looked like
overcooked potato chips but that's trivial (LOL).

The people at Hidden Valley were friendly and helpful.  The DVAP people were
rude, arrogant, demanded exorbitant prices for their stuff, and had a
definite "take it or leave it" attitude.  I think they wanted $750 for a
quarter panel for my 65 Dodge Monaco.  No thanks.

I'm not surprised that you had trouble with them.  I wouldn't deal with
them.

I think they moved north a bit since I last visited.

Pete in PA