Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 10:07 AM
Subject: Re: IML: '58 Imperials In Australia

Wow, I bet it cost a small fortune to import a car half way round the world!!  I am sure glad you could do it though!  I know my 66 and my 60 Imperials get so many looks they could cause an accident here, you must get twice even that amount of attention down under.  Thanks for the reply in any case.  By the way, where did you see an article from 58 about the threat of imports?  I would sure like to see it....
                                                Cole L.

"Hugh, 58 Imperial" <imperial58@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Wow! I think I would kill for a USA article from 1958 about the threat
posed by Japanese cars to American made vehicles. Talk about prescient. If
whoever donated the Imperial piece still has the magazine and could share
the article with me, I'd sure appreciate it.

One difference I note between the export version and the domestic is the
Imperial script at the front of the hood instead of the stylized Eagle. Not
necessarily better or worse, just different, though, perhaps from habit, I
prefer the birdie.

Hugh