IML: Car shows, Imperial prices, etc.

Hi All:

  Since mid-August when we got our ’62 Crown Southampton (The IMP) up and running, we have attended 5 car shows varying from 25 cars to 200 cars.  Lots of fun, but not one Imperial was seen except for mine.  The parades are the best…I could hear comments like, “Awesome! Nice car! Great car, etc” all along the way.  The IMP is the perfect parade car because it handles the slow speed well and appears to just ‘slither’ along so silently that you can easily hear what the spectators are saying. I drove The Imp home from the last show…150 miles and it ran beautifully although I have to admit I acquired more than a bit of eau de cologne “blow by” by the time I got home!

I learned of a couple of ’61 4 dr Southamptons for sale along the way…a red one and a black one. They are project cars…probably conditions 4 and 5.  Let me know off mailing list if interested. I have names, addresses, etc.

Thanks to those of you who offered suggestion for Imperial pricing.  The prices are too high for what I could afford buy and too low for what I would expect for my IMP.  That is probably true for most of us in this business.

Patricia   Pruitt

Bozeman, Montana 59718

pruittghl@xxxxxxx