Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 5:34 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: 11.00 x 14 ?

My 1955 came with Denman 8-ply Super Cushions on it.
Don't recall the size.

These were 8 ply, and were of larger outside diameter.
 I know this because the trunk would not close on the
vertically-mounted spare due to keeping one as a spare
and trying that when I got 4 new BFGoodrich
Silvertowns to drive on.

Bought an additional BFG and mounted to that spare rim
and I was OK.

The larger, heavier duty tires specified for Ghias
have been recently discontinued at Coker, and I'd
encourage you to look at the BFGoodrich SilverTowns -
have been VERY happy with them, and I don't think you
need the extra durability that the larger tires
provide/don't know how they'll fit on your car.

Interesting question:  As the Ghias were built on
stock Imperials, were the wheels, rear axle, or wheel
arch/housings changed to make the larger tires fit?

If not, then the answer is that they'll interchange
with no problem.  I suspect they'll interchange
without a clearance problem, but that's guessing and
nothing more.

-Kenyon